Over 31,000 surveys and 4,000 ideas: What the region told us
This summer, hundreds of thousands of you joined us at community events and workshops, online, and at the PNE Fair. You shared your values, concerns, and priorities for the future – telling us what matters most to you when you move around the region. You also shared thousands of your bold and creative ideas for the future of transportation.
The region has spoken, and this is what you said:
- You highly value the region’s parks and natural areas.
- You want convenient neighbourhoods.
- You want to know you’ll arrive on time.
- You agree that transit expansion and improvement should be a top priority.
- You want a transportation system that’s efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly.
- Your top concerns are housing affordability and congestion.
TransLink’s largest ever public engagement, by the numbers:
- 158,575 conversations
- 315 events in 27 municipalities in Metro Vancouver and area
- 7 languages to engage in
- 31,682 survey responses
- 4,026 ideas submitted
- 500+ stakeholders engaged
Learn about what we heard by reading the report, "Shaping Our Transportation Future, Together."
Phase 2 engagement launches in spring 2020. We’ll be asking the region to help consider trade-offs between different possible approaches for the future of transportation.
Consultation has concluded